Sunday, July 27, 2008

My stupid lung

collapsed while we were in Florida on vacation. I went to the emergency room (Thursday 6/12/08) and within an hour they were inserting my chest tube. I had a thorocospy on Monday the 16th, got out of ICU on Wednesday, and was discharged from the hospital on Saturday evening. I had to stay in Florida for a follow-up with the cardio-thoracic surgeon and we finally got home on Friday, June 27. It was rather taxing, and we couldn't have done it without my family. (So, if you're reading this...THANKS & WE LOVE YOU!!).
Why did my lung collapse? Well that's a blog in itself, so I'll wait for another day.

Needless to say we survived it and we've been enjoying July. The kids are growing quickly, keeping active, keeping me active. They are so much fun (most of the time)! Kailey and I spent the last week getting ready for her 5th birthday party which is at a pool. We thought it would be appropriate since she taught herself how to swim while I was in the hospital. She wanted a princess theme and we designed a cake with princesses, a castle, and a real tiara...how exciting. She really wanted a Hannah Montana AND princess party, but mean mom made her choose. Jayden is...well...Jayden. He is a bundle of energy and determination. He loves choo choo trains, tractors, helicopters, motorcycles...really anything that moves. His vocabulary has grown so much inthe past couple months and his articulation is even getting better (either that or we're just getting better at guessing). More later...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment